Nov 14, 2014

Eyebrows...Thick or Thin?


I always had full eyebrows as a child. That was until sophomore year in high school when I decided to go wax them for the first time with my cousin (without my mother's permission)-yikes! 

During that time thin eyebrows were "in". Once I graduated college I began to thread them in my neighborhood since waxing always left me a bit of irritation or acne. Threading became my life! I found a great eyebrow lady near my office and never looked back. She helped me grow them out and shaped them along through out the process. This helped me not look like Oscar the Grouch.

Unfortunately my eyebrow lady no longer works at the same salon and I can't find her anywhere. She was my eyebrow guru! I tried out a few new places and one did decent work but, it's not the same.

I decided to start growing them out a bit more and tweezing the unwanted hair myself. As of now I am still going through the growing out phase🙈.

This is how my eyebrows currently look.

I am now hunting for a great eye brow kit that's affordable but, does nice work. So far I use my brow brush from Maybelline and tweezer from Tweezerman.

I am now looking into Tweezerman's "Mini Brow Rescue Kit" in Sephora. I think this would work perfect for me since I usually don't have time to do my makeup at home before work. I can pack it in my purse and work my magic in the ladies room. Sometimes a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do. 

Let me know your thoughts on thick eyebrows. How do you maintain your brows? Do you use an eyebrow kit? If so, which one?

1 comment:

  1. I use tweezerman biweekly and wax once a year or so. I also bough one of the anastasia brow pencils. I've been using since the summer and wonder why I didn't use it sooner.

    ReplyDelete