Nov 12, 2014

Contouring & Highlighting...I so want to try!

Lately it's been non stop news about contouring and highlighting in all of my social media feeds. I am always very hesitant when trying a new foundation or just about anything that goes on my face. I have very sensitive dry skin and it has been a journey of trial and error. My next face adventure will be contouring and highlighting. I doubt I will be able to do this everyday before school drop off and joining the morning rush hour train ride to work. I definitely want to try this as my weekend look and my go-to for special occasions!

So far my following inspirations came from finding Teni Panosian's Contour YouTube Video a few days ago on contouring & highlighting-I am so a new fan of hers. When I saw Teni work her magic using #MotivesCosmetics contour pallet,  Motives® Mavens Sculpt Series I made my decision to go for it. I placed my contour order today and I am looking forward to trying it out and sharing it with you all. I am no where near a makeup artist but, I do tend to apply simple makeup each day for work and fun events.

My boyfriend always says I look better without makeup but, I begin to feel exposed. I have minor adult acne that has improved over two years -thank goodness for my dermatologist. I consider myself very lucky not to have this as a huge burden but, I can't ignore it.  Makeup comes in handy when it helps me cover a few tiny blemishes and old scars. I can honestly say I still look exactly the same just not as tired around my eyes. I haven't been this excited about trying new makeup in about a few months!

Please leave a comment below on your thoughts or advice on contouring and highlighting. Have you tried it yet? Is it true that once you start contouring there's no looking back?

-VanillaPaella (Vanessa)




2 comments:

  1. It's so true! Contouring is all we see on instagram. Have you seen the beauty blogger who makes herself look like different rappers all with just contouring?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have yet to see this beauty blogger. Who is she? She sounds super creative! I am going to google her now. Thanks Mercedes :)

    ReplyDelete