Sep 10, 2015

Honest Beauty Launch

write with very exciting news, Honest Beauty has launched! I was able to attend yesterday's NYC launch event on behalf of BeChicMag. I got to meet Jessica Alba! It was a dream come true for me. After having a rough winter with my sensitive skin, particularly my face the nightmare is finally over. I have been waiting for this moment all year. Finally an affordable, healthy and safe domestic beauty line that I can use on my skin! 

Every single item that was on display is my new favorite -even if it included Sodium Benzoate which I am allergic to. 

I had a beauty love at first sight moment with Honest Beauty's "Truly Lush Mascara + Lash Primer". It's an awesome dual gem! First you apply the primer on your eye lashes. The fluid will appear the color white-give it a few seconds for it to dry. Once your lashes are dry it will turn clear. Then you apply the mascara and magic happens. The primer helps prevent clumpy eyelashes from appearing with a dramatic eye lash look. I have very long natural eye lashes so this will be fun to use!

I was able to sit on the makeup chair yesterday and have even more fun. I still have my summer tan and I  was color matched with two different "Everything Cream Foundation" colors. One to highlight which was Almond and one to contour which was "Camel" . This foundation can look medium to full coverage depending on how you apply. Once my tan fades I will be closer to the "Sand" color. I have yellow under tones and an olive skin complexion which is hard to find a good match with other beauty brands. As Jessica mentioned yesterday "as a woman of color" she wants to celebrate diversity. The diverse colors available definitely made me feel like I can be myself.


One more touch up that was added during my makeup chair session was the "Beyond Protected Daily Sheer Tint" on top of the foundation as a way of bringing out a brighter fresh face. It looked seamless and not as if Tinker Bell sprinkled tons of pixie dust on my face. You can use this under or over your make just like the "Concealer Duo".


Last quick favorite was the "Creme Blush"! It's another silent duo, you can dab it on your cheeks or on your lips for a pop of color- how cool is that! There were so many different colors on sight yesterday! One that caught my eye was "Truly Charming". It's a raspberry/ coral color and very pretty in person.




All in all I can write for days on yesterday's fun! Please check out BeChicMag for more fun beauty and fashion tips! Before I go I must say that what makes me hold onto Honest and Honest Beauty truly are the toxic ingredients that are not included in their products. I feel healthier and happier knowing that I don't have to feel guilty or afraid of harming my body. I am looking forward to seeing what will come next!

Until next time! :)
-V





















No comments:

Post a Comment